Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year needs a New Job

Well I finally got the call I have been waiting for for 3 weeks. I have been promoted to a unit supervisor position. I will now be responsible for 6 workers. Basically, I now have 3 times the work and a small stipend more pay. Thanks to everyone who has been praying!! Now you can start praying for the poor folks that have to call me boss. In that spirit I would appreciate any suggestions about ways to earn employee's trust/respect. What do you respect in a supervisor etc...

2 comments:

Leah said...

My husband is a Manager, and a darn good one at that!
He just does his very best to be a picture of Christ to everyone he meets...his employees, his customers, his bosses, etc.
He has only excelled in his carreer with this company, and he has a bright future.

God bless, and congratulations on the promotion!

Jeff said...

Congrats! I'm trying to think of some pointers. Um, my mantra has been "Coordination and Support"... that's all a good manager does in Software Development. Support is the part where you do everything you can to enable them to do everything they need to do. Coordination is making sure everyone has work to do and it's all in support of a common goal. Also it's helping them support each other. So really, the respect thing will come in time. But until then, you just do a great job without it.